A whole new generation of "Trainz" based entertainment has arrived to your PC.
Trainz Model Railroad 2017 (TMR17) is a stand-alone digital-only version of Trainz with all new content and a whole new perspective.
For existing TANE owners, search for "TMR17 DLC Bundle" to purchase the content set only.
TMR17 includes 7 routes inspired by the physical world model train hobby and 22 built-in sessions that are jam-packed with many hours of entertainment for every train fan.
These highly condensed, interactive "layouts" provide a huge range of activities to carry out in a short amount of time, increasing the fun without detracting from prototypical operations. Drive, shunt, complete your scheduled tasks, evaluate your performance or create your own operational situations.
TMR17 also delivers the freedom to create a railroad of any size, scale or design using the world famous "Surveyor" tools. And with virtual model layouts there is no need to worry about space, or the cost of laying more track. To assist we've also included a variety of "model layout" templates to get you up and running quickly. We even provide a helpful utility "Basemapz" to assist in importing your favourite track plans directly into Trainz.
With each route having a RRP of $19.99, the full package of 7 routes makes for a most affordable offering.
Route Creator: itareus
Appen is a fictitious route set in West Yorkshire (or should I say the West Riding) in the 1950 - 60's. Appen represents an industrial town located between Leeds and Bradford served by the London Midland with services from the North Eastern region of British Railways.
While only a few short track miles in length, this route is full of interesting operational choices with portals, a full staging yard under the hills, docks, passenger stations and more.
Bea-Dawe Model Railway
Route Creator: eso
This British Diesel-era layout includes several stations, goods yards and engine facilities and was inspired by memories of growing up in the Midlands spending many hours standing on the side of the Lickey Bank with Grandad watching the trains go past.
Route Creator: eso
The Brazemore Yard has fantastic track work that hugs lush rolling hills to give the feeling of driving through the English countryside.
There are two main yards joined by a central tunnel or by venturing around the figure 8 loop. Whichever way you decide to travel this route, you are sure to have a great Model Railroadz experience.
Franklin Avenue Industrial
Route Creator: abcdfaqoz
Franklin Avenue Industrial is a small one baseboard Model Railroadz route inspired by the track plan, 59th Street Branch by Stan Sweatt as featured in Model Railroader Workshop Tips. Franklin Ave is located in Anywhere USA but contains mostly North Eastern influence. With several industries that require multiple switch maneuvers to properly spot cars, you'll need to exercise your critical thinking skills to navigate the maze of tracks around Pete's Candy and the lower yard.
Japan - Model Trainz
Route Creator: acelaamtrak
This layout is inspired by the Okayama Prefecture, Japan. It is designed for busy train traffic, and features a great range of challenging sessions. There are also some display cabinets where you can put trains on for stationary display.
This layout is made up of several small routes which includes the following:
- Highspeed Shinkansen line in normal gauge
- Small overground loop line in normal gauge
- Tramline and branchlines in narrow gauge
- 2 large passenger stations
- 1 large container depot
- Several invisible tracks for exploring the route from a human perspective
Port Zyd & Fulazturn Railroad
Route Creator: philskene
An industrial layout on an industrial scale!
The Port Zyd & Fulazturn Railroad represents a busy and thriving railroad serving a large harbor and industrial area, moving freight cars around on behalf of a Class 1 railroad. The Class 1 railroad delivers and picks up freight cars at the Transfer Yard.
The route has many elevated sections and flyovers, and many interactive industries, permitting the use of most types of interactive freight cars. There is a small locomotive depot for both diesel and steam locomotives, and a MoW yard. Lighting is provided for night time operations.
The Shortz & Kerl Traction Railroad
Route Creator: philskene
The Shortz & Kerl Railroad was an electrified short line that began freight services in the early part of the Twentieth Century, linking Port Shortz with the Kerl Iron Works.
The railroad expanded and prospered over several decades as numerous industries established themselves around the port and the iron works. Like many other traction lines in North America, the railroad closed in the late 1960s.
This Model Trainz layout represents the Shortz & Kerl in its heyday. On the layout there are many interactive industries. Many of these industries are interdependent. For example, logs arriving at the Port are sorted at the Dry Sort Yard, which then supplies logs to a timber mill that supplies lumber to a crate manufacturer that, in turn, supplies wooden crates to several industries. The Farmall Tractor Company requires steel from the Kerl works and components from local industries.
In addition, a Class 1 railroad drops off and picks up freight cars in the Transfer Track as well as a small locomotive depot and a MoW yard.
M120 - Connectable Modules
Route Creator: itareus
A set of 4 base modules to get you started in cretaing your very own model railroad layout. These modules are also designed to interconnect with other "M120" layouts by enusring the entry and exit points for each layout are at a standardised position.
Simply choose which size layout you would like to create and start laying track straight away!
Route Creator: N3V Games
This route was created as a result of the 2014 "Kickstarter" crowd-funding campaign. It contains 10 "full size" railroad tutorials as well as 3 full sessions and a multiplayer map.
- 10 Tutorials
- Fossil Fuels
- Morning Run
- Trees for Life
- Multiplayer Session
Trainz Model Railroad 2017 is based upon the well known Trainz Simulator series and includes the renowned "Surveyor" world building tools and "Driver" module. It also includes "Content Manager" to assist in managing all the additional content you can download from the Trainz Download Station.
An enormous selection of content is included (over 5,500 items in total) delivering realistic locos, rolling stock, track and scenery. The interactive sessions provide tasks for you to complete by driving in "simple" or "realistic" mode. You can operate the junctions, interact with AI drivers and even create your own interactive world then just sit back and watch the trains go by.
There literally is a lifetime of enjoyment ahead of you!
- Drive trains from internal or external view
- Sit and watch all the interaction from "Trackside" cameras
- Choose simple or realistic control method
- Watch brake pipe pressure, coupler strain and many other simulation details
- Operate "AI" trains by issuing commands such as Drive, Couple, Uncouple, Runaround train
- Follow pre-defined sessions instructions or enjoy "Free Drive" and just explore
- Jump from one train or car to the next with a mouse click
- Control junctions, signals and coupling operations
- Watch visible loading and unloading operations at animated interactive industries
- Check industry and rolling stock commodities with the new visual level indicator
- Follow in-game navigational aids to your destination
- Check on your task lists using the Objectives display
- Change weather and other environmental effects on the fly
- Test your skill level with Ranked Sessions that award points based upon performance
- Take charge of AI Drivers and adjust their schedule
SURVEYOR MODULE (SESSION CREATION)
- Place locos and rolling stock directly onto the track
- Click Quickdrive and you're off and running (or driving or operating)
- Save commonly used "consists" for even quicker placement
- Adjust game speed, weather, season, time of day per session
- Adjust water colour and ripple effects, lighting and fog colour and cloudiness
- Create interactive sessions with dozens of trains operating at one time
- Pre-issue commands to AI drivers and test out your operational skills
- Add in-game navigation aids to trackmarks or vehicles
- Use dozens of specialized "Rules" to further customise your sessions
- Lose yourself in your imagination for as long as your dare ;)
SURVEYOR MODULE (ROUTE CREATION)
- Choose whether you will create an "indoor" or "outdoor" scene
- Use the world's friendliest tools to build your own world - large or small
- Sculpt the terrain and paint on ground textures
- Place scenery including buildings, trees, roads, fences and anything else you can imagine
- Lay track and animated junctions with a few mouse clicks
- Adjust gradient and track condition
- Smooth the ground to meet your track
- Add signals, speed signs, catenary and much much more
- Use advanced tools such as Bulk Replace, Random Add or Merge Route
- Use layers to show/hide or protect different types or groups of content
- Use the Content Filter to assist finding the right objects
- Lay as much or as little track without worrying about your budget
- Avoid hitting your thumb with a hammer at any stage ;)
- Sort, search and filter through 450,000 free downloadable assets on the Download Station
- One click download and install operation
- Tools to manage all your installed content
- Even create and import your own new content
- Test out driving physics for your diesel and electric locos
- Change parameters to customise the power and braking response
- Use these new physics characteristics for any loco you choose
Downloadable Content (DLC)
- Add to your collection by purchasing additional routes, sessions or locos
- No requirement to purchase anything further and lots of free content via the "DLS"
- Compatible with existing TANE DLC (and newer releases of course)
A 3rd party utility provided by community member "ModelerMJ" that assists in creating your new layouts by providing an easy to use "import" function for your favourite 2D "track plan". Simply scan the track plan image, select it using Basemapz, specify the plan scale and size, then export the plan directly to Trainz-ready files. Import them into TMR17 in a single operation, then open the plan in Surveyor - where you will find a series of 2D "scenery" items showing the plan laid out on your baseboard(s). Simply follow the track plan to lay track and any other route details you like, then hide the 2D track plan layer to reveal your own Model Trainz creation.
* INFORMATION FOR EXISTING TRAINZ OWNERS:
This stand-alone version of TMR is trainz-build 4.4 and roughly equivalent to "Trainz A New Era SP1" feature set (with some additional features added and of course a completely different set of content).
Your existing Trainz DLC items will work in TMR17 beginning Dec 10.
Purchasers of this version of TMR17 also receive the same content set as DLC for TANE.
Routes saved in TMR 2017 can be imported into TANE SP2 (trainz-build 4.5) but not vice versa.
PC Minimum Specification
|Operating System:||Windows 7 64-Bit|
|Processor:||Intel I/AMD K10 Series 2GHz 64Bit Processor|
|Graphics:||1GB VRam with DirectX 11 Support|
|Disk Space:||20GB Free Space|
|General:||Win 8 and Win 10 also supported. Internet connection required for login|