In Game Downloadable Content (Requires Internet Connection)Compatible with: TANE SP1, TANE,
This session lets you jump straight in and drive the VR M Class 4-4-0 - Early 2 Tone Green in 'easy' or 'realistic' mode.
For the full experience, select 'Realistic Mode' and start driving this beautiful locomotive!
An attractive suburban tank locomotive, the Victorian Railways M class locomotives were built in three batches between 1884 and 1886 by the Phoenix Foundry in Ballarat, and were the first suburban tank locomotive ordered by the Victorian railways since 1861. The M class were based on a pattern locomotive supplied by Beyer Peacock in 1879, and were very successful in their role as suburban passenger engines on the south eastern lines, and were also the main motive power on the Kew branchline in the 1890s. However their range was limited due to their small bunkers, later fixed when rebuilt as ME class locomotives. Originally fitted with steam brakes, the class were eventually fitted with the Westinghouse air brake, which became the standard on the Victorian Railways.
This pack represents the M class locomotives in the earlier more complex 2 tone green livery, with white lining, with highly polished brass and paintwork, and light soot staining as in regular service. Two versions are included, a steam braked version with working steam brake and painted wheels (VR M T1a), and an air braked version with burnished wheels (VR M T1b).
- Scripted exhaust smoke effects, based off regulator, cut-off, and fire temperature
- Scripted cylinder drain effects based off steam chest pressure
- Scripted and animated air compressor, with sound and smoke effects
- Scripted steam and sound effects for auxiliary devises including injectors, blower, and sander
- Scripted brake grind/squeel, and air brake hiss (air braked version)
- Animated screwlink couplers, brake hoses/taps (air braked version) using ACS
- Scripted Marker Lamps and Tail discs, with glow lamps (thanks to Bloodnok for the script for this function) - compatible with the VR Set Train Lamps driver command
- Animated cab windows, smokebox door, and tank filler lids
- Physique based coal load animation in bunker, giving realistic deformation as coal is used
- Automatic Numbering with prototypical numbers
- Normals mapped and reflective number plates and builders plates